Wednesday, April 22, 2009

THE Dark Side of The Moon







this is of course Pink Floyd’s exceptional …and my all times favorite album.

So let me share the concept of this album, with you :)

The album simply is indicating life’s pressures……
from the minute u open ur eyes…and ends up with the…sermon.

1- Speak to me, Breathe

Life…the minute we open our eyes…the first scream…BIRTH…
we’re given life, and at the same time, we start dying.
The first pressure is living…by other’s views…telling u what u must and what u must not do…asking u to be the “Perfect” kid…asking u to “achieve”…to be “successful” as everything around u demands ur perfection, the perfection our parents failed to get to, and now counting on u.

2- On the Run

Mobility…evoking the modern life’s speed…the change of places…in order for u to get what u want…u must go after it…nothing is achieved by waiting it!
And we’re all moving…particles changing energy, maps forcing paths…

3- Time
Time…who has the time??!! “I’m outta time”…
and we’re aging…no one can stop this process,
our bodies are aging…hair is whitening and time is running out!
In a blink of an eye, ten years have got behind us…and we’re still gazing at the sky the same way…
“the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older”.
And if, we are afraid of getting older…time can control us.

4- The great gig in the sky

Death, is the end, or could it be not??!!
No one is sure about what lies on the other side, we’re all under the pressure of this end, is it really the end of life as we know it, is there anything after death?
Does death give us power to live, or take away our will to do anything, since death is the logical end?!
“and I am not frightened of dying, anytime will do”.

5- Money

Money! Well, hell yeah it is a pressure, everybody wants money, to do what with??!! Greed led us to where we are today, people want to make money the easy way, and they spend it the same way!
If money was ur aim, and u really not sure what to do with it, again, u r under its charm…and selling off ur soul!

6- Us and Them

Ethnocentrism, conflict, wars…
I am right, you are wrong.
You either can join “me” to fight “them” because we are right, or I’ll have to fight u cuz u are one of them!
It’s black and blue, up and down……
“With, without.
And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about?”


7- Any Color You Like

So, wars, money, travelling, being, existing, and aging…if u surrender to all these pressures…u will suffocate…and u will need a space, a sanctuary, and if you don’t wanna believe, think…or understand, u’ll take the short cut…Drugs!
Cuz the pressure is really huge…and we’re really small…
And we’re easily drifted…if we lost control!

8- Brain Damage

Where would all of that lead us to???!!
Insanity, is there a god? Is there a judgment day? Am I alive? What is the right? What is the wrong? Will I be the man/women everyone wishes for?
Am I going to have children or not? Will I ever be happy? Will I die in a car accident or in my bed?

“You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.”




9- Eclipse

The wisdom, Pink Floyd reached to, what we, human beings, all share:

All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel.
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy,
beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say.
All that you eat
everyone you meet
All that you slight
everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

"There is no dark side of the moon really.
Matter of fact it's all dark."



With all my love to Pink Floyd.

2 comments:

Bruno Campori said...

Beautifullllllll...!!

Kiss..!

michela said...

Dear Damdoom,
very nice post!!
I am sociological PhD student researching on Syrian societ, women and blogs...
I am new in this weblog world but I have read your posts and I find them really interesting...rather poetic
I was just wondering how come you did not post for long time...
I hope to hear from you soon
Michela