Saturday, November 05, 2005

Getting in the talkshow about hijab

I have my say in this too, I was willing to comment yazan , or roba about their own posts, but it was too long for a comment!
1- I do disrespect both al muhajabat and not ones; I do disrespect both men and women WHEN they’re disrespecting their big gift of being human beings.
2- I do hate to be disrespected because I don’t wear al-hijab and be called a b**** for being the normal girl I am “not pretending to be someone else whom I’m not!”, while I know “put a number from 1 to 10000” girls who wear hijab and their illusion is as clear as the sun, yet they’re the angels of this society. (That doesn’t mean that there aren’t angels between the rest of almuhajabat), and we’re the demons!
3- We’re wrapped, we’re meant to be followed by this myth that some people created, that the main difference is a piece of clothes…while deep inside is where the real difference is lying.
4- Al-hijab doesn’t protect one woman from being abused when walking down the street, if you’re thinking of protection as a main reason for why do women wear al-hijab. I was informed by one of my best friends, who went to Mecca to do al-3omrah that men were looking at women “who were wearing al khimar!” with desire….yeh at the holy mosque of Prophet Muhammad!!
5- It’s very important, that one should differentiate between what god’s holy book is about, and what those new “du3aat”= religion guiders, may bring to ones mind in a very professional- can’t be refused way of conviction. And don’t forget that we’re living in a world where everything can be sold for money…even people’s inner peace and soul.
6- When you don’t use this piece of shit you carry above your shoulders, that’s when you deserve to go to hell, and for me, it’s very important to test everything myself, and make sure it suites my values before I let anything take its way into my mind, on the other hand, wearing millions of covers means nothing when your mind is turned off.
7- As long as, men think its their right to look at girls with desire and say nasty stuff that makes one shakes, then go home and beat their sisters for listening to dancing music, we’re doing nothing here…and it’s a waste of time to talk about al-hijab….we need some more time I guess…
8- Traditions are something we must consider, it’s not that a woman mustn’t wear al-hijab because her mom does (we unconsciously help old people to cross the street because it’s something we grew up on, to respect the older, should we give up on this because it’s just a tradition?!), no this ain’t the part of tradition that should be repealed, it’s the part when they put in their children’s mind the idea that they’re superior to none-muhajbat.
9- Finally, Einstein’s relativity theory is a good example which proves that we’ll never get along with each other 100%, but again, it’s ok for me to argue with you, but it’s completely refused that you demean me for my own beliefs and values. Meaning; not because I don’t agree with you I must agree with you!!!.as ziad rahabany said in el3a2l zieneh…."سلمى: يعني إذا ما وافقت معك على رأيك، لازم وافق معك على رأيك؟!"
10- One last thing, there are so many un-solved issues we must start talking about to find ways to solve them, I mean while we’re talking about al-hijab, there’s a girl who’s being murdered by her family and still, it’s a crime in the name of honor in law!, there are brothers and sisters who are having sex together because they think nobody’s watching or no one will speak out loud about it, and because these girls still have this “ my brother won’t tell anyone about this!” idea in mind…and yes…there are children who are being raped by their religion teachers at some places!!! Hijab is not that big deal compared to those complicated, but existing, issues, our society is deeply sick…let’s try to wash these rubbishes away, instead of throwing them at each other.
Peace…in. and notice my blog address...

10 comments:

Zena said...

Wow

Yazan said...

Okay,
1-u're being a bit judgmental over here... I think
2-who decides what's NORMAL?!! is Hijab "Abnormal" then?!! well, pants can fit in that "abnormal" criteria then ;)
3-it's definitley not ur right to decide what's "God's holy book" is about.. that's their own interpretation of the book, and I don't think anyone has the right to redicule it, just as they don't have the right to redicule the thoughts of others...
4-Well, if we can't "in our own sense" help an elder cross the street, if we can only do it cuz it's tradition, then that's Sad, that's seriously Sad... Breaking out of Traditions only means to re-think and decide without the effect of such.
5- I strongly agree about the rotten nature of this society, and anything we can do to uncover it is great...

@Zena... WOW??!!! u can be seriously hillarious sometimes!! ;)

Majd Ayoubi said...


Damdom w0W
Yazan Wow Wallah !
I enjoyed reading about Salama!
I just wanna ask a question.

Does covering all the body prevents the desire !? why the in Europe men don't feel the desire when looking at the hair! and Hair here is called 3awrah !?

My parents always tell me ..in the 70ty's many women here used not to were Hijab, and many used to wear short skirts (or Micro Joub!) and no one is bothered in the streets, and there were more respect ..

and now I remember spot light .. when Karees Bashar has worn Hijab and hided in her home, and the piece of shit followed her to her home !

wow again !

Anonymous said...

You have a great prepective damdooom keep on it... and be as i know you ... strongly giving out ur opinion... no matter what..
and yazan .... well of course everyone has the right to decide what's "God's holy book" is about .. and what is earth and people is all about .... it's a point of view after all... and everyone knows about it...
the thing that is not right is when someone judge people's opinions and say that those prespective are wrong.......

GraY FoX said...

oops sorry forgot to log on with my name.. that was me ... i mean the anonymous up there was me

damDooM said...

sorry for being alil bit late, but heh..when winter comes...phone lines in lattakia die!!!!
to Zena, thank you if this Wow= good work,i do appreciate it.
and hay yazan...dear you said once "I respect ur ideas if u REALLY believe in them ...."
well i can't sense any respect here...-understanding the others' own ideas when they really believe in-, instead, you're mocking about somebody's comment...and a comment which has nothing to do with you(it's not the point after all)!!!!!
wallahi i don't know! is it only me who's feeling that there's kinda double-standerds here or what?? how come we can ask for something for ourselves, and prevent the others from having it?? how come we don't believe that it's somebody's right to say their ideas about whatever, but we do believe that it's completely our right to say\write about our owns???

and finally iyado..thanx dear... i think you know me better than anyone here...and i think that ppl who KNOW me, know that i DO believe in what i wrote... yes it's our right to say and decide what's anything is about!
as long as i don't wanna join the trash-throwing game ...peace out.

Yazan said...

mm, I seriously donno where in my comment did ya sense disrespet for ur ideas... I had a very organized critisism... I even had it numbered!!

about Zena's comment... I was not mocking the comment, and definitly not what it stands for, I was just sending a little message about Zena's commenting style.. directly to her, and not by anyway related into what she meant by "WOW" and I'm REALLY sorry u understood it that way... I didn't mean it that way..;)..

my comment was clearly directed to ZENA.. cuz I found a one word comment on this kind of discussion a bit wierd.. regardless what it meant..

Zena said...

Damdoum, I enjoyed reading your post and comments.
I didn't want to go into the discussion so I expressed it with WOW.

Yazan,dear, I know your not mocking.

damDooM said...

hay everybody:
yazan sorry for the misunderstanding...baseeta it's not a deal
i sensed the disrespect when you said:"who decides what's NORMAL?!!"
this is a GENERAL words i know that u don't mean ME in particular for sure...but this is ur second comment using the same "who's to say...decide..tell" way, and i can't get why i can't or you can't or whoever can't decide on something even when his\her point of view is not compeletly right! that's it...
zena...i do enjoy your posts too, and you know it, thanx again...
majd you're right, morals now are going down...but of course we're not generalizing.. thanx for passing by

Yazan said...

My point is [which is strictly a personal opinion, u have the right to think and say whatever u want, just as I have the right to disagree] words like "Normal", "Good", "Evil", "Right", "Wrong" are very relative terms... I just don't feel okay to use this vocabulary when describing ppl or ideas... even a little bit uncomfortable using them when describing certains actions, because [I feel that] they're VERY judgmental words... and very EXTREME too...
NO ONE [and I can't emphasize this enough], NO ONE has the right to say "My interpretation of Quran is the [RIGHT] interpretation", and NO ONE has the right to say "THIS [or That] interpretation is wrong"!!! that's how I feel... because every single person thinks differently and thus interprets everything differently so there's no [ONE SINGLE RIGHT INTERPRETATION]. and personally, I don't care about the interpretation, what I care for, is how they implement this interpretation into actions... actions!!!

But I still don't see how that was in a disrespectful way! it was pure critisism, and purly a personal opinion.. I never asked u to change UR point of view... I was just laying out mine!!